As I said in my previous post I’m trying to figure out how to create my own iPhone App. As I love web design this will be great fun for me to explore! While researching the Internet I stumbled over something interesting – WiziApp. It is actually just a WordPress Plugin which allows you to create an App from your WordPress Blog.
So why do you need an iPhone App?
- life got faster – we all have our mobile divices and an iPhone App will help you to connect with your users wherever they are
- you brand your blog
- you make yourself an authority
- you make yourself reliable because this shows that you are not planning to abandon your blog very soon (an App makes no sense if you don’t plan to update your blog often)
- you might get traffic from the App Store because people may stumble over your App by accident and start loving your blog
- you might get more comments because people can respond quickly and wherever they are
- you can make money with them – as you can implement an ad service, Google Adsense or something similar.
I’m sure there are more reasons but to me those are some of the most obvious – and these are the reasons why I will get into creating my own Apps.
Ok, now back to WiziApp to create your own iPhone App
WiziApp is a WordPress Plugin – as easy to install as each plugin on WordPress. Once done it shows up in your sidebar and you can access the user dashboard. It is pretty intuitive to use – you just click and your App starts to generate. Then you modify it a bit and add a unique background and name and you are done – yes, it’s that easy – and you have full control of what you add to your App. I think the best way to show you this plugin is in a video:
After watching this you should know the good, the bad, and the ugly – have a look at their site to see some of the Apps created by others.
Click here to have a look at Wiziapp for your own iPhone App